Ph.D. PROGRAMS IN PUBLIC LAW AND PRIVATE LAW
We are very pleased to announce that Koç University is now accepting applications for Doctoral Programs in Public Law and Private Law.
PhD in law programs offer a structured research framework in national, comparative and international legal studies with its commitment to cutting edge research. Its unique approach with strong focus on research skills and bilingual coursework (Turkish-English) prepares the candidates for sincere legal scholarship under close supervision of leading scholars in an intellectual environment dedicated to excellence in research and teaching.
Our fully funded four-year Ph.D. program is an excellent opportunity for scholars interested in pursuing doctoral studies in law.
- BA Degree from Law Department – A minimum GPA of 3,00/ 4,00
- MA/LL.M. Degree – A minimum GPA of 3,25/4,00
- ALES: (for native applicants) minimum 70 from EW (Equally Weighted) or GRE: Minimum 154 (Quantitative/Qualitative) Recommended.
- English Proficiency: YDS (87) / TOEFL IBT(80) *For Turkish applicants only YDS test score is accepted.
- A research proposal (The proposal should outline the project that you wish to pursue in your PhD dissertation. It must be written in English or Turkish and must be no longer than 2500 words including footnotes, references and bibliography).
- A letter of intent ( 1000-2000 words)
- Successful performance in a written exam and interview
Applications are accepted via online form: https://gradapp.ku.edu.tr/login.php
Application Deadline: 3 July 2017
Written Exam and Interviews: 10 July 2017
For information on the application procedure (including questions on exam requirements and scholarships), please contact: